Terms & Conditions
1. The acceptance of the booking is based on agreement by the client of the terms and conditions stated herein. It is understood that Sarah Saveker is the exclusive, official photographer retained to perform the photographic services requested on this contract.
2. PAYMENT: All photography sessions must be paid for in full at the time of booking to secure your session date. For newborn sessions only: Due to the uncertain prediction of an exact arrival day of your baby, certain flexibility for booking the newborn session will apply. An initial date within the first 10 days of your due date is to be pencil-booked in, however, this is subject to change depending on the exact date of birth. If you decide to upgrade your photo package on the day of the session, then the amount payable will be due on that same day. Orders to update packages will not be processed until payment has been received. No part of any order, including digital images, will be delivered until the order balance has been paid in full. Upon signature, the photographer shall reserve the time and date agreed upon. All session fees and deposits are non-refundable, even if the portrait is rescheduled or cancelled for any reason other than inclement weather or see below for sickness. If, in the opinion of the photographer, inclement weather or other adverse conditions prevent the creation of a portrait meeting the artistic standards of Sarah Elizabeth Portraits, the photographer may elect to use an alternate location or to reschedule the session. Once agreed upon a final session date, you may reschedule your session up to 7 days prior to your shoot if required. After this a £30.00 rebooking fee will be charged. Session fees are refundable up to one calendar month before your session date, after this time it becomes non-refundable but transferable (should you wish to change the date). Payment for wedding packages can be split in separate instalments. The exact payment schedule will be part of the booking process and stated on the invoice. Should the package be cancelled prior to between 3months to one month before the date of the agreed wedding session, 50% of the final amount will be payable. If the session is cancelled within four weeks of the agreed wedding session then the full amount will be payable. In extreme circumstances, this can be discussed with the photographer and the final decision is at their discretion. If more than 50% of the final payment has been made and you cancel between 3 months and one month before the wedding then any additional costs over the 50% will be refunded. The first payment instalment is non-refundable. Any wedding sessions cancelled up to 3 months before the wedding, the deposit will be no nonrefundable. Same reschedule terms as stated above apply to each session within the package. If for any reason the photographer has to cancel the wedding session then a refund will be made in full. If Sarah Elizabeth Portraits cannot perform this Contract due to fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to the photographer ’s illness or emergency, then the photographer shall return any deposit or sitting fee to the Client but shall have no further liability with respect to the Contract. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or media malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer. In the event that Sarah Elizabeth Portraits fails to perform for any other reason, Sarah Elizabeth Portraits shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client’s order.
3. TRAVEL: The travel cost within a radius of 3miles is included in all price packages. Additional distances (more than 3 miles from Hawkesyard Estate, Armitage) will incur a surcharge.
4. SICKNESS: We understand that children can be unpredictable and fall ill at any time. In the event of sickness prior to the session, the Client agrees to make every possible effort to inform Sarah Elizabeth Portraits no later than 24 hours prior to the start time of the photography session. The session can be transferred to a new date which will be at the convenience of both parties within a maximum 2 month period. Sarah Elizabeth Portraits reserves the right to re-schedule outside of this time limit due to any existing commitments. If the Client fails to reschedule within the 2 month time period, Sarah Elizabeth Portraits has the right to cancel the booking with all payments made nonrefundable. In the event of the child falling ill during the session, Sarah Elizabeth Portraits reserves the right to postpone the photo shoot and re-schedule at the convenience of both parties. In the event of this happening the Client agrees to incur the additional travel expenses. The photographer will make every effort to substitute another photographer to take the photographs in the event of her illness or unforeseeable conflicts in scheduling. In the event of such substitution, Sarah Elizabeth Portraits warrants that the photographer taking the photographs shall be a competent professional.
5. PRINTS: All orders for albums, reprints, products and enlargements must be paid for at time of ordering (if package with album has been chosen). Any further changes will be charged at the normal rate of £40.00 per hour. Sarah Elizabeth Portraits works with professional photo labs that produce high quality prints. In order for printed images to meet the quality of the original digital files, they must be printed on high-quality photographic paper or on other professional photographic mediums, and done so by a professional lab. It is highly recommended that the Client order printed images from a reputable, professional lab to ensure that the quality of his or her digital images is met. Sarah Elizabeth Portraits is not liable for the quality of images printed by any imaging lab, both professional and non.
6. DELIVERY: Delivery for prints, albums or any other additional orders may vary and will be advised at time of booking/when final images have been delivered. If the Client loses or damages his or her digital images, Sarah Elizabeth Portraits will not by liable for such loss or damage and will not replace lost or damaged files. It is highly recommended, by the photographer, that clients immediately back-up any digital files on an external drive or via online cloud storage.
7. COPYRIGHT: It is understood that the copyright of all and any photographs belongs to Sarah Elizabeth Portraits. No photographs may be copied or reproduced by any means photographic or otherwise by any person or machine other than by the photographer. Digital images purchased by the Client still remain the property of Sarah Elizabeth Portraits and may not be altered in any way, shape of form, including but not limited to editing the overall style of image, colour/contrast/exposure changes, cropping portions of the images, adding 3 objects/persons/graphics and deleting objects/persons/graphics. Digital images purchased by the client may not be resold. Releasing photographs online by vendors (i.e. Facebook, blog or any other online channels) are prohibited unless the photographer’s company name, Facebook Page and/or Website is tagged or mentioned along with the image.
8. MODEL RELEASE: The copyright of all photographs is owned by Sarah Elizabeth Portraits.
9. GDPR and data: After 12 months from your session date Sarah Elizabeth Portraits will no longer be responsible for storing your image files or personal data and this will be deleted. You may request for your personal data to be erased at any time through a written request addressed to Sarah Elizabeth Portraits. Data is stored on a password encrypted cloud based service. We will request to use images with your consent on the website, social media, and for printed marketing materials.
10. MISC: Although the photographer shall exercise all reasonable skill, care and diligence in the discharge of her duties, it is understood that, in the event of any unforeseen circumstances causing loss of photographic record, the photographer will only be responsible for the return of all the money paid to date, although every effort will be made to re-take the photographs. In the case that you are not satisfied with your images, please contact the photographer to discuss further and to decide what may be done to rectify the situation. This may involve further photo editing or a reshoot at the discretion of the photographer. Discounts and refunds will be considered at the discretion of the photographer in extreme circumstances. Discounts and refund will not be given as standard for dissatisfied clients. This Contract incorporates the entire understanding of the parties. Any modifications of this Contract must be in writing and signed by both parties. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are confirming that: you have understood the information laid out in this contract and have been given an opportunity to ask any questions for clarification. You are happy for your contact details to be stored securely. Where any food, drink or consumable is offered at the studio, such as a snack during sessions, or cake / confectionary, for example during a cake-smash session, it is the clients responsibility to warn of any allergies or dietary requirements a minimum of one week before the session. Any food or drink accepted during sessions is done so at the clients own risk, unless this has been explicitly discussed at least one week prior to the session. Any cost implications incurred because of failure to inform of any allergies or dietary needs will be incurred by the client, for example, if a cake is made for a client and this can't then be used because of allergies that had not previously been discussed. Select images made be used for demonstration album purposes to clients, but not offered for download or purchase.